The Independents Hotel Reservations Ltd (The Independents) operates from their offices just outside Taunton. We provide hotel bookings services to the corporate market. We recognise that whilst our operations result in minimal emissions to air and water, and the generation of waste; it is our aim to comply with relevant legislation and other requirements and operate in an environmentally responsible manner. This policy describes how we will achieve our aim.
This environmental policy applies to all of our operations including management, office services and procurement. The Managing Director is responsible for ensuring that the policy is implemented. However, all employees have a responsibility in their area to ensure that the aims and objectives of the policy are met.
We will ensure that resources are available to enable us to achieve our objectives and targets.
We aim to:
- reduce the amount of printed material
- recycle spent ink cartridges
- reduce the amount of fax confirmations sent
- inform all stakeholders of our commitment to operate in an environmentally responsible manner
- increase the amount of energy saving / efficient computer equipment
To achieve our aims, we have set ourselves the following targets:
- Implement a "Is it really needed" philosophy into the organisation and promote the use of scanners and virtual printing to pdf. This will be achieved through training and staff familiarisation. Timescale: Ongoing
- Continue to return spent ink cartridges to our supplier for recycling. Timescale: Ongoing
- Publish and update our policy and commitment on our website. Timescale: Ongoing
- Ensure that wherever possible, replacement electrical computer goods and other electrical items are energy efficient. Timescale: Ongoing
Monitoring and auditing
Progress against these objectives will be monitored through quarterly management meetings.
This environmental policy is available on request. If you wish to obtain a copy or would like to discuss our progress against our objectives, please telephone us on 01823 481 414.
We will calculate our carbon footprint annually.
Review and Declaration
This policy will be reviewed annually and updated / amended as required.